Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation
Who we are
Spinal Cord Injury rehabilitation at NeuLife focuses on the delivery of a comprehensive, highly integrated and intensive program of medical care, nursing and therapy to address the complex needs of each patient.
We provide the earliest possible start to rehabilitation and work to optimize the abilities and independence of our patients so that they may return home. This goal-oriented approach enables patients to:
- Improve physical function and mobility
- Develop the skills and strategies to perform daily activities.
- Utilize adaptive technologies that facilitate activities at home, at work and in the community
- Overcome the psychological and social problems that often interfere with adjustment to life ahead
Why spinal cord injury rehabilitation at Neulife?
- Our spinal cord injury rehabilitation program includes clinical evaluations, medical care and therapeutic activities customized to meet the goals, needs and abilities of each patient. The comprehensive rehabilitation services are focused on helping patients recover activities of daily living (ADL) skills using compensatory strategies and mobility aids to achieve a seamless transition into the community.
- Education and caregiver involvement are key components of the treatment plan. Caregivers are invited to actively participate in the rehabilitation process. The NeuLife team fully understands that spinal cord injuries have both physical and emotional impacts and the need for support is high. We are here for you and your loved ones.
- We help patients with spinal cord injuries successfully transition to life at home, work, or school and in the community. We offer a continuum of care even after the course of spinal cord injury rehabilitation is over, so as to guarantee a complete transition to normal life.
Our comprehensive spinal cord injury rehabilitation program encompasses the needs of every patient and family and focuses on maximizing abilities, preventing complications, providing education, and increasing mobility in all environments. Patients from across the country come to NeuLife because they trust the expert care and treatment at our clinic.
Spinal cord injury rehabilitation at NeuLife aims to aggressively tackle both physical and psychological aspects of the patients’ recovery process. This multi-faceted approach maximizes the time patients spend at the rehabilitation center, speeding up recovery and further improving the overall quality of life. Our team of expert clinicians and physicians works closely with the patient and their family to prepare them for a successful transition home through education, training and resources so they are fully prepared to resume their lives.
Our comprehensive spinal cord injury rehabilitation program builds strength, functioning and mobility, and maximizes independence.
At NeuLife Rehabilitation, our Spinal Cord Injury (SCI) patients benefit from more than 200 years of combined experience of our clinical residential rehabilitation team.
Spinal Cord Injury rehabilitation at NeuLife is guided by the individual needs and abilities of each patient. No two cases are the same, which is why we develop individualized care plans to address all facets of care for Spinal Cord Injury recovery. Our interdisciplinary team works together to provide integrated care to help patients achieve optimal independence and return home.
Our multi-specialty team includes:
- Physicians & Specialists
- Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurses
- Physical Therapists
- Cognitive Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Speech Language Pathologists
- Recreational Specialists
- Community Reintegration Specialists
- Case Managers
Our staff is happy to assist you with any questions!
Some of our patients have experienced a traumatic injury as the result of a motor vehicle accident, fall, act of violence or sports. For others, the spinal cord injury is the result of a tumor, infection, cervical stenosis, surgery or other non-traumatic causes.
Many of our patients have a dual-diagnosis of spinal cord injury and traumatic brain injury. For these individuals, we offer a highly specialized program to treat the multiple physical, functional and cognitive challenges they face.
Education and caregiver involvement are key components of the treatment plan. Caregivers are invited to actively participate in the rehabilitation process. The NeuLife team fully understands that spinal cord injuries have both physical and emotional impacts and the need for support is high. We are here for you and your loved ones.
What to expect?
Your care will be based entirely on your injury, situation and body, designed around your capabilities and proceeding at your speed. Your physical and mental health will be addressed, as the therapy covers a myriad of topics, from diet and nutrition, to relationship skills, to occupational therapy. We believe that just because you have experienced a spinal cord injury doesn’t mean you have to avoid all recreational and social activities. You may even find a new activity to take part in! This total package of care ensures that your mind recovers along with your body.
Patients considering spinal cord injury rehabilitation at NeuLife must be stable enough to actively participate in a full day of therapy. The length of stay varies according to the needs of each patient. Typically, patients at NeuLife are treated for no less than four weeks. Data indicates that our patients experience significant functional gains during their stay, and more than 75% of our patients with spinal cord injuries were discharged to their home/community.
Our staff is happy to assist you with any questions!