Each year more than 90,000 people sustain injuries considered serious enough to produce long-term disability. NeuLife provides catastrophic rehabilitation to individuals who’ve sustained a multitude of major injuries or traumas. Our rehabilitation approach is designed to help patients reach their highest functional potential following a catastrophic injury.
This highly individualized approach to care fosters improved mobility, performance of daily living activities and when the time is right, a seamless re-entry to home and community. Catastrophic rehab is often a long process requiring the focus of an interdisciplinary team of clinicians with years of clinical rehabilitation experience. Our team works hand in hand to help patients restore skills and meet their goals.
Our catastrophic rehabilitation program treats:
- Multiple fractures and orthopedic injuries
- Multi-trauma to bone, skin and other organs
- Multi-trauma with brain and/or spinal cord injury
- Spinal cord injury (SCI)
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Mild brain injury (MBI)
- Acquired brain injury (ABI)
Treatment plans at NeuLife are customized to each patient based on their injury and their goals. Our team of physical, occupational, and speech therapists work with patients to recover mobility, communication and other critical skills. The entire treatment team meets weekly to assess patient progress and adapt treatment plans and goals.
Our multi-specialty team includes:
- Physicians & Specialists
- Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurses
- Physical Therapists
- Cognitive Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Speech Language Pathologists
- Recreational Therapists
- Community Reintegration Specialists
- Case Managers
We promote the full awareness and involvement of each person involved in treatment, from the patient and family to the entire team of medical providers. NeuLife develops individualized services based on the extent of the injury. Numerous components may be integrated to achieve the best results.
Our catastrophic rehab program empowers patients to achieve their potential through ongoing evaluation, customized care plans and individualized therapies. Our team of medical professionals guide each individualized treatment plan and collaborate with patients, their families and the other NeuLife clinicians through every step of the rehabilitation process.
Catastrophic rehabilitation may include a combination of the following therapies:
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Cognitive Therapy
- Speech Language Pathology
- Specialized Physician Services
- Rehabilitation Nursing
- Behavioral Management
- Community Integrated Rehabilitation
- Patient & Family Counseling & Education
What is Catastrophic Rehab?
Catastrophic rehab refers to medical treatment programs aimed at returning patients (who have been involved in life threatening injuries) to as close as possible to their pre-injury state. Catastrophic injuries can includes injuries such as brain and spine injuries.
In what way is NeuLife well positioned to provide catastrophic rehab programs?
NeuLife’s facility and multi-specialty staff combine to provide the perfect environment for patients requiring catastrophic rehabilitation. In terms of the facility, NeuLife’s residential facility in Florida is situated on 43 rolling acres with 54 private patient suites. Depending on the patient’s specific catastrophic rehab needs and requirements, they are able to make use of the following on site amenities:
- Large accessible restrooms and living area
- Full service Kitchen
- Highly trained Chef
- Fully-equipped therapy rooms
- Training kitchens
- Skills retraining laundry room
- Arts & Crafts room for creativity and fine motor skills
- Accessible theater
- Non-denomination chapel on-site
- Cozy sitting rooms for family gatherings
- Outdoor gathering areas
- Outdoor working garden
- Group activities to improve socialization
- Gaming area with foosball and pool table
- Wii® gaming system for virtual reality rehabilitation
- Accessible NeuLife van for seated/wheelchair transport
- On-site Equine therapy
- Pet visitation opportunities
In terms of multi-specialty staff (and depending on the patient’s specific needs), patients have access to physicians, physical therapists, psychologists, occupational therapists, dietitians, case managers, and several other specialists.
Our staff is happy to assist you with any questions!